Head Coach - Women's Basketball at Mount Royal University
Reporting to the Manager of Varsity Athletics, the Head Coach of the women’s basketball program is accountable for the overall administration and development of the program. The objective of the Head Coach will be to build a culture of success in the program, while promoting a high performance environment where student-athletes thrive. The selected candidate will have the rewarding opportunity of laying a solid foundation upon which to build future successes as the women’s basketball program moves forward with its ongoing efforts of establishing itself as a nationally competitive and respected program in U SPORTS. Responsibilities Program Management The Head Coach is responsible for the administrative, financial and staffing requirements for the program.
• Develop, implement and monitor the program’s annual plan, including finances, facility requirements, and schedule;
• Ensure the organization of all team related activities, including: training camps, travel, practice sessions and other team functions;
• Supervise the coaching and support staff including: selection of staff, direction and delegation of responsibilities, evaluation of performance;
• Ensure student-athlete eligibility requirements as set out by Canada West, U SPORTS and Mount Royal University are met;
• Collaborate with the Athletic department travel liaison for all team travel each year;